Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Crib Madness!

If you remember from an earlier post, there was a time, a while back, when I was a bit obsessed about what crib we would buy.

Finally my mother sent me an email with a link to a crib that she saw when visiting Albee Baby in NYC, up the block from her apartment.

She said it was nice and came in different finishes, and seemed tall enough for me, etc etc. I looked up the stats on Consumer Reports and it was ranked super high for safety and all that. Although I hadn't seen it in person, my mom had, and that was good enough for me. So I ordered that sucker!

This is good that I've moved past the crib madness, because yesterday there was a giant recall affecting something like 2 million Stork Craft cribs, and today there's a big piece in the Chicago Tribune about the dangers of drop-side cribs (remember I mentioned that?).

And here's the crazy part - we got the crib four days later! I heard that it could take up to 15 weeks, especially because the finish we wanted was all special order. But, no...four days! So now it's sitting in the garage, waiting for us to paint the nursery and then put it together.

Here's a link to the Albee Baby site that lists price and all the details. And here's picture of the crib in the finish we went with (Chestnut).

No comments:

Post a Comment